Symposium on Realizing the Access to Remedy in Japan – The 1st year anniversary of the Japan's National Action Plan on Business and Human Rights
It has been almost a year since the Japanese government released the "National Action Plan on Business and Human Rights (NAP)" to implement the UN Guiding Principles on Business and Human Rights (UNGP). While progress has been made in implementing the UNGP, concrete measures for the "Access to Remedy," one of the core themes of the UNGP, are still insufficient in Japan. As a result, many challenges remain for remedying the rights of victims of human rights violations that occur in connection with corporate activities.
In light of these realities, in this symposium, the legal experts will discuss effective measures to realize the Access to Remedy based on the UNGP in Japan, while highlighting specific examples of utilizing National Human Rights Institutions and the NCPs (National Contact Points adhering the OECD Guidelines for Multinational Enterprises) overseas. All experts and individuals are welcome.
Simultaneous interpretation (English/Japanese) will be available.
The recording of this event is available here.
|Date & Time||
January 26th, 2022, | 18h00 – 20h00 JST
Online participation only.
|Attendees||All experts and individuals are welcome. (500 attendees. First-come first-served basis.)|
■ The role of Human Right Commission in relation to the Access to Remedy
Speaker: Ms. Elise Groulx
Presentation by Daisuke Takahashi (PDF;483KB)
Please register at the link below. Registration will be closed upon reaching its capacity.
Resitration deadline: January 21st, 2022
English and Japanese.
Simultaneous interpretation (English/Japanese) by using Zoom will be available for all attendees.
|Organizer||Japan Federation of Bar Associations|
International Affairs Division, Japan Federation of Bar Associations
- Please refrain from audio/video recording.
- The following equipment and environment are required to participate in this symposium; PCs, tablets, smartphones, other devices that can connect to the Internet, and stable access to the Internet.
- Please install Zoom on the equipment you wish to use for the symposium.
- We recommend you test Zoom from the link below before the symposium starts.
- You will be required to enter your name and email address to join the symposium via Zoom.
- Regrettably, we may be forced to terminate the webinar without notification if we are unable to continue broadcasting due to technical or any other unexpected troubles.
- Please note that we are not responsible for any problems with PC environments or the Internet connection. We will not provide any technical support on how to use Zoom during or before the webinar.
- To prepare for an event in which you signed up to participate; and
- To perform statistical analysis and publicize the results in a way that cannot identify individuals.
This symposium will be recorded and archived on the JFBA’s website later. Personal information of attendees (i.e. the names, emails and footages) will not be recorded or publicized.
The JFBA will be taking photographs, video, and audio recordings at the venue in order to record the content of this symposium and to use them for its advocacy activities. They may be used in the JFBA’s publications, website, and pamphlets.